Privacy

If your name has been mentioned on any of the posts of this blog and you would like to have it omitted or removed, please contact me directly. --- Adriana Trevino

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Final Cut

Update as of 10-15-2018 -- The case has been dismissed by both parties.  As we have agreed to move forward, the dismissed case will remain confidential.

-----

About three weeks ago I received a DVD with the final cut of the movie I financed. I watched it right away with a good friend of mine who happened to be visiting me.  I was so happy to finally have the chance to enjoy the long awaited completed product.  Later that day, I brought the movie over to another friend's home. I watched it again with 3 more people.

Just a couple of days later I traveled to Mexico and brought the movie with me. The reason I brought it with me was that I needed re-watch it and write down comments and suggestions for the "talented" director, Alfieri.

My sister Karla expressed her excitement to see it. She could not believe that the movie - the subject of so much scandal and drama - was in fact completed. We both sat down and watched it.

I am reserving my comments and opinion for now. I will not share what others thought of the movie either.  I do promise that I will be updating this specific post when the time is right. I will share my opinion and feelings about the "final cut" I received.

What I can share right now is this:

  • This movie is 100% Alfieri. It is clear that Alfieri did not listen or consider anybody else's input when having the movie edited and completed.  
  • This movie shows Alfieri's talent at its best - as a writer, director and producer.
  • This movie is proof of how much Alfieri has to offer to the filmmaking industry.

Due to the great shock of my watching this masterpiece three times, I got physically ill and was in bed for several days. I was not able to write detailed comments and suggestions until just a couple of days ago. As soon as I emailed my comments to Alfieri's personal assistant, I received a response informing me that they had gone ahead with the final sound mixing and completion of the movie without considering any of my comments. They claimed that I was 4 days too late. I was supposed to submit my feedback within 2 weeks after receiving the final cut.

Why wouldn't they wait for my feedback? I am the financier of this independent film! Now they claim they want to "follow the guidelines" of the agreement I signed with Alfieri and Bondolini Productions. How convenient, right?  Bottom line is, Alfieri wouldn't have considered any of my feedback anyway. So, this independent film is 100% Alfieri made. It is the product of Alfieri's limitless creativity and directorial talent.


Update as of 10-15-2018 -- The case has been dismissed by both parties.  As we have agreed to move forward, the dismissed case will remain confidential.

No comments:

Post a Comment