Privacy

If your name has been mentioned on any of the posts of this blog and you would like to have it omitted or removed, please contact me directly. --- Adriana Trevino

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Scandal, Lawsuit and... Settlement?

Update as of 10-15-2018 -- The case has been dismissed by both parties.  As we have agreed to move forward, the dismissed case will remain confidential.

-------

About two years ago, I was in a romantic relationship with a former soap opera actor whose dream was to become a film writer/director. I loved this man so much, believed in him and trusted him that I ventured to start a production company with him. Our first movie project ended in betrayal, slander and lawsuits.

Soap Star Victor Alfieri Suing Fan for Libel?

I was shocked when a friend of mine sent me this link. Fan??? I was never his fan. In fact, I never saw his soaps or shows. When we were together he would tell me, "baby, you never watch my shows..."

The posts and articles on the internet kept spreading.  The link below has been the most harmful to my reputation. Most of the allegations contained in Alfieri's lawsuit are false, certainly the "obsessed fan" and harassment allegations.

courthousenews.com

About seven months ago, I called the CourtHouse News to ask them to please remove this link, as it was damaging me professionally and personally. Alfieri's lawsuit had been dismissed at that point. A Courthouse News Service Representative said to me, "if we were to take down the articles we post we would not have a business." I replied to her , "all you care about is your business even if what you are publishing is clearly false and damaging to a real person."

Scandalous details of the slanderous complaint against me kept spreading virally on the internet. When TMZ published the article below, many of my business associates and friends had read it. They were the ones who alerted me.



TMZ -Soap Opera Hunk Sues - Movie Producer Demanded Pic... of my Shlong

How ridiculous is this???!!! I was so upset. I called my attorney. She suggested that I reply.  So I did....

TMZ - Soap Hunk's Producer Responds - We were Lovers!

0924_victor_alfieri_ex_1The links kept multiplying. The news traveled the world translated in many different languages. It was funny to see how these false allegations were distorted even more. Some of the articles described me as the lead actress. Some assured I was Italian... and so on.  Now that I look back, all of this is humorous.

I fought back and filed a cross-complaint against Victor Alfieri and Bondolini Productions.

Exclusive: Victor Alfieri's Real Life Soap Opera Gets More Dramatic/

The case got messy and complicated. I had several attorneys represent me before I found two attorneys who truly understood what my case was about and were willing to fight for me and not sell me out.

I amended my cross-complaint and filed it in court. This time I made sure to include all the details necessary to tell my story.

Clark Gable First Film Sees Abuse and Harassment - Lawsuit Filed

The news went viral on the internet again. It is incredible how fast news travel when they are juicy and scandalous.

Alfieri had already dismissed his lawsuit against me. At this point I was the one continuing with my legal action against him. All of this was happening during the summer of 2012. My attorneys and I were getting ready for depositions and trial.

A couple of months later, I was deposed. Victor was deposed. We then met for mediation.  I did NOT sign any settlement/agreement.... I did, however dismiss my lawsuit against Victor Alfieri and Bondolini Productions.  Why????

Lawsuit by Ex-Lover Against Soap Stud Victor Alfieri Dropped Exclusive

I do want to see this movie finished, distributed and released. I would also love to recover my investment. Nothing wrong with that!

So, what is the purpose of this blog?


My intention is to tell my PERSONAL story. I will also be sharing everything - court papers, discovery (evidence used in court), deposition transcripts and videos, personal text messages, voice messages and pictures.

I have asked Victor numerous times to make a public statement telling the truth about our relationship. He has continuously refused.  So I told him, "if you will not tell the truth... I will."

I will focus on telling MY story and not that of any cast or crew member of the movie I financed. I will back all my claims with evidence to the best of my ability.

Why am I doing this??? Because I respect myself. I will honor myself and my truth.

The first New Year's resolution I made was - to live my life with integrity and impeccability. No more hiding or covering the truth....


-----
Disclaimer -- As of October 15, 2018, all legal issues have been resolved. This resolution was reached during arbitration. There are no pending issues related to fraud or theft. The resolution was mutually agreeable. There will be no more posts written about this story.





3 comments:

  1. go adriana! you are very courageous! love, vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adriana, I'm glad to see you doing this, it will be good to have the truth out in the world, for a change. You go, gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are taking a stand. You are one of the most intelligent, sweet, and honest women I've known. He knows how wonderful you are and how many friends you have that love you and care for you. That's why he had to make up that story, otherwise he would look very bad. More

    ReplyDelete