Privacy

If your name has been mentioned on any of the posts of this blog and you would like to have it omitted or removed, please contact me directly. --- Adriana Trevino

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Alias




Update as of 10-15-2018 -- The case has been dismissed by both parties.  As we have agreed to move forward, the dismissed case will remain confidential.

-----

All my years working as a federally certified court interpreter have paid off. Not only have I improved my interpreting and translating skills, but I have also acquired some valuable knowledge during hundreds of trials as evidence is presented. I have heard testimony from law enforcement, co-defendants, confidential informants and expert witnesses.

In criminal cases, it is the job of the prosecuting attorney to bring in evidence (exhibits and testimony) to support their case against the defendant(s). In theory, the defense has nothing to prove and is not required to present any evidence. However, a good defense attorney will poke holes in the story presented by the prosecution, creating "reasonable doubt."  It is also common for attorneys on both sides (prosecution and defense) to try to discredit any evidence or testimony in order to win.

The best way to discredit someone's testimony, in my opinion, is by catching them in a lie... not a small, insignificant misinterpretation of the facts, but a substantial lie.  And this happens to all of us in our personal relationships as well. When we find out that someone, especially someone close to us, has lied or cheated on us, we stop trusting them and discredit whatever story comes out their mouths.

As I was doing some research for my book, I reviewed some internet links from 2 years ago and the comments people posted. It was actually enjoyable and entertaining to read what people had to say about me and Victor. Most of the comments were clearly from people who did not know us personally. But there was one person, Dawn Westing, who posted two comments in which she asks everyone to please leave Victor Alfieri alone because he is a very talented actor and a very handsome one.

This is her first comment. She is addressing all the people who have posted "mean" comments on the TMZ article.

Victor Alfieri is a great actor for all those people who are negative towards him,, I wouldn't be surprise with the likes of people like that, if I was to bump into those people they would be rude and mean, who knows they probably mean to people and to animals,, atleast with Victor Alfieri, I know what i get a great talented actor,, he was in the movie Angels and Demons alongside Tom Hanks,, and I would like to know what Tom Hanks and other celebrities think of reading this rubbish and gossip,, I feel sorry for all celebrities, they get nothing but put downs ,, so please leave Victor Alfieri alone,,, he is a great actor, director and writer,, I seen him in Angels and Demons and in great tv dramas like Persons Unknown and Undercovers,, he is a true talented actor and a very handsome one,,, and my mum is a fan of him too....
After I gave my brief side of the story to TMZ, this is what Dawn had to say.
This woman is nuts,,, and all she is saying is lies about a great actor Victor Alfieri,, I hope she leaves Victor Alfieri alone and stop her lies.
Two years ago, when I read those comments I thought that they were written by a young girl who had a crush on Victor. I also considered that this person "Dawn" could be a friend of Victor's. I could just picture him coaching her on what to write.  

Now, let's use what I have learned during all those jury trials... Let's quickly dissect these messages and determine who is truly behind them.

"Victor Alfieri is a great actor for all those people who are negative towards him..." What does that have to do with the scandal??? She adds that at least with Victor Alfieri she knows that she gets a "talented actor." Let's not forget that he was in "Angels and Demons" alongside Tom Hanks.  And what she writes next is priceless, "and I would like to know what Tom Hanks and other celebrities think of reading this rubbish and gossip."  Really? Why would Tom Hanks or any other celebrity take the time to read this TMZ gossip piece? 

This comment also states that Alfieri is a great director and writer. This movie is his first feature movie. Nobody knew him as a writer or director back then. And he still needs to prove to the industry, and himself, that he can write and direct. 

From the way these two comments are written, the choice of words, the grammatical mistakes, and the fact that this person calls Alfieri a celebrity... I can only conclude that Dawn Westing is an ALIAS. Dawn Westing is Victor Alfieri himself.  On the other hand, Dawn Westing could also be a real person who wrote the comments under Alfieri's direction. 

Now, let's go back to one of my previous posts, "Public Opinion" which is dedicated to Anonymous. Anonymous wrote a very detailed comment on the post "To Cast and Crew." The way the comment is written is very similar to Dawn's style. I noticed that in both of them instead of using the 3 dots " . . . "  they used 2 dots or 2 commas. The comma instead of the dot is clearly a typo, as the keys are next to each other. But typing two instead of three is clearly a very specific and personal style.

My conclusion is that both people are the same... or at least there is a common denominator. And that common denominator is Victor Alfieri. He was the one who wrote those comments himself or with the aid of a female just to give it the feminine touch.

Using common sense and what I have learned in the legal system, I could conclude that Victor is a liar and is not to be trusted. However, I believe that there is an underlying truth that is even more powerful. It is clear to me that Victor has been meaning to communicate with me for the last 2 years. He cannot face me or talk to me directly. He needs to use aliases or hide behind someone else while pleading to me to "move on" and to forgive him.  He even created a pseudo personal assistant to communicate with me via email.

If I could address Victor, this is what I would say to him.
Victor, I have moved on. This story is part of my life. It belongs to me as it belongs to everyone involved.  Nobody can impose on me the "correct" way of moving on. I am the only one who can decide that. Using the story as inspiration for a book and script is a personal choice I have made. It is my way of moving on. 


Aliases???  Masks????

We all wear masks. Wearing masks is a protective strategy devised by the "ego." We forget we have them on and when we look in the mirror, all we see is the reflection of those masks. We get triggered and react to other people's masks when they resemble ours. It is also true that when we get to see someone without a mask, we feel deeply touched, connected and inspired. We then instantly remove our own mask. And that is when we get to see our true reflection on somebody else.  


Disclaimer – As of October 15, 2018, all legal issues have been resolved. This resolution was reached during arbitration. There are no pending issues related to fraud or theft. The resolution was mutually agreeable. There will be no more posts written about this story.




No comments:

Post a Comment