Privacy

If your name has been mentioned on any of the posts of this blog and you would like to have it omitted or removed, please contact me directly. --- Adriana Trevino

Saturday, March 12, 2016

The Road Ahead



Update as of 10-15-2018 -- The Trevino vs. Alfieri case has been dismissed by both parties.  As we have agreed to move forward, the dismissed case will remain confidential.

---

It has been several months since I wrote my last post. It has also been a while since I last worked on my book. I have noticed that my blog-writing is directly connected to my book-writing. Because I do want to finish my book, I have made the decision to write at least one post a week.

So here's my first post for 2016 -- How do I like to start the New Year? Walking the road ahead without losing sight of the goals I want to reach.  Before I get into what these goals are, I would like to reflect back on the previous year and acknowledge milestones and accomplishments.


2015


Saying Good-Bye to Unhealthy Relationships


Last year I said good-bye to someone I considered a very close friend. We met during the production of "Looking for Clarissa." Soon after the Trevino-Alfieri saga started, she and I became roommates and best friends.  Many times I believed that she was the only person who could understand what I was going through.

Unfortunately, she was not the supportive caring friend I believed she was. I remember her saying to me one time, "you should not share what Victor did to you."  When I asked her why, she responded, "Because it gives people ideas... Ideas on how to take advantage of you." I should have listened to her words. She certainly tried to take advantage of my kindness and generosity. She would not pay the rent all the time and would expect me to cover her share. Things got bad between us... so bad, they became toxic.  In May 2015, this toxicity killed this friendship.

Now that this friendship is over, I have to admit I could not be happier. I finally get to enjoy my apartment.  Now my place is clean and organized. It is so interesting how our physical reality is directly linked to our mental and spiritual reality. When our physical environment is "cluttered," "messy" or "unclean," it is then reflected in other areas of our life. Now that she is gone, I feel I have more physical, mental and spiritual room to expand and grow.

Expressing my Truth


One of my greatest accomplishments has been expressing my truth. I am not claiming that I have reached a point where there is no room for improvement -- not at all!  Having integrity and acting in a way consistent to what is true to me is a learning process. It is like working out -- physical exercise builds muscle and endurance. Having integrity or "Being Impeccable with Your Word," (Miguel Ruiz's First Agreement) is a daily practice that strengthens our spirit.


2016



These are some of my goals for this year:

1. Complete the arbitration process for my case against Alfieri and Bondolini Productions.
2. Close this "legal battle" chapter for once and for all.
3. Finish my book.

And of course, I am planning on reaching these goals while living with INTEGRITY.  I will continue speaking my truth while respecting others' journey.

It is true that we are responsible for our journey in this life. We are the only ones who can make decisions such as -- how fast we want to go, how long we need to rest after taking a big fall and which way to turn when approaching crossroads.  Although each of us have our own individual road to travel, our paths will inevitably converge. We can become obstacles or inspiration to others. Let's not block anyone's path to their dreams.  Instead, let's offer a helping hand and inspire others to go beyond what they believe possible.





Disclaimer – (Trevino vs. Alfieri case) As of October 15, 2018, all legal issues have been resolved. This resolution was reached during arbitration. There are no pending issues related to fraud or theft. The resolution was mutually agreeable. There will be no more posts written about this story.



No comments:

Post a Comment