Privacy

If your name has been mentioned on any of the posts of this blog and you would like to have it omitted or removed, please contact me directly. --- Adriana Trevino

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Part II - The Trailer


Update as of 10-15-2018 -- The case has been dismissed by both parties.  As we have agreed to move forward, the dismissed case will remain confidential.

----

Many people cannot believe that I have made the decision to sue Victor Alfieri again. Why would I do that? Am I a masochist? It is like starting the whole nightmare again.... or is it really?  I see it more like the Trevino-Alfieri Part II.

This time around is very different.  I am detached from what happened three years ago - even what just happened several months ago when I last communicated with Alfieri (through his PA).  I am not bitter, not at all.  I am not even upset or resentful of Alfieri for what he has done and continues doing. His actions are a different story. Such actions should not be tolerated by anyone... And that is why this lawsuit feels like the RIGHT thing to do.

I have learned to separate the person from the action. This is something that I started learning when I attended USM (the University of Santa Monica) but did not completely comprehend or truly experienced it until recently.  I remember talking to Ron (my professor) when I was still a first-year student, I said to him, "By the time I graduate I will be able to forgive my ex-husband." Ron quickly responded, "why wait? You can forgive him right now!"

People cannot be defined by others or by mere circumstances. They are not defined by their past mistakes or actions.  By separating people from their behavior and actions, I have learned to forgive them while forgiving myself.  What happened in the past, is in the past.

Although there is nothing anyone can do to change the past, there are certainly things that can be done to make amends. We are responsible for our own choices. We can choose to forgive... while still choosing to fight for justice.

So this is how this Part II of the story begins - by standing for the truth.

The video below is a celebration of a new beginning - a celebration of a NEW story!



Disclaimer – As of October 15, 2018, all legal issues have been resolved. This resolution was reached during arbitration. There are no pending issues related to fraud or theft. The resolution was mutually agreeable. There will be no more posts written about this story.



No comments:

Post a Comment