Privacy

If your name has been mentioned on any of the posts of this blog and you would like to have it omitted or removed, please contact me directly. --- Adriana Trevino

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Post-Production

Update as of 10-15-2018 -- The case has been dismissed by both parties.  As we have agreed to move forward, the dismissed case will remain confidential.

-----


On January 4th, 2013, Victor Alfieri stopped communicating with me and threatened to take legal "actions" (not action, but actions).

He now has a PA with the initials C.R. who is being communicating with me and giving me updates on post-production.

I know that this personal assistant is Victor himself or one of his girlfriends. How do I know? It is a coincidence that this PA has the same writing style as Victor and makes the same grammatical mistakes.

It really does not matter what the truth is. What matters is that Victor feels comfortable communicating through a third party - real or imaginary. At least, I am getting updates on what is going on.

He claims to have new investors but fails to provide any names or executed contracts/agreements. He simply writes what he is doing and refuses to listen to any of my concerns, feedback or suggestions. He claims to be "working together" to finish the film. This is unfortunately not true. He is merely keeping me informed of some of the things he is doing (without providing any proof whatsoever) while our contract clearly states that he needs my written authorization for ANY changes in the budget or terms of the financing agreement (including other investors etc).

This is the last email I received from his "assistant" on February 20, 2013.


Ms. Trevino:
We are pleased to inform you that Bondolini Productions, LLC has obtained additional financing for the Sound Mix and Mastering.  Bondolini proposed the same deal we made for the color correction investment ($5,000) and the new investor have accepted: both of these investments is $17,000 in the aggregate is pari passu with you, one E.P credit each, the standard 120% ROI on the investment but NO BACK END DEAL (no points). 
Bondolini has received $12,000.00 from the second investor yesterday, which rounds out this most current raise.  However, as stated above, the recent raise is completely accounted for at this time, but Bondolini has no money left to pay the remaining balance to the Editor, who has already rendered services. 
NOTE:Victor had to invest his money into LLC Franchise taxes for the year and accounting balance so the sound mix and mastering will be paid with the second investor's money. Sound Mix balance $10,000.00 and Mastering 1,900.00. Victor also forward $600.00 to the Editor lowering the new balance to $2,400. 
With respect to Bondolini's balance due to the Editor we have the following options: 
 a) you can come up with the remaining cash ($2,400.00) by next tuesday Feb 26 to pay him; OR 
 b)  Bondolini will include the Editor's balance-owed as part of the production cost, and deem the balance-owed as an investment in the production, and    make him one of the EPs with the same deal terms as stated above.   
Bondolini need an answer on which way you want to go by Friday at 5 pm PST.  Once we obtain the final cut, we will send it to you so you can review it. 

SOUND MIXING AND COLOR CORRECTION WILL START ON MARCH 4TH 2013 AND IT WILL END ON APRIL 29 2013.

C.R.


I just replied to the previous email five minutes ago. My response was this:


C.R,
I do NOT agree to have the new investors get EP credits. I agreed to co-executive producer or associate producer credit. No more than that. Only people investing 50k or more should be considered for an EP credit.
I want the full names of these investors, their notarized executed agreements/contracts and proof of their investment.
I want proof of payment to editor. I want his name and a letter/receipt from him stating the total of the money he has received. I want the same from any other post-production person working on this project.
I do NOT agree to give the editor an EP credit for the 2,400 he is owed. He can get deferred payment with a 20%, second position. No EP or any other producer credit. 
I am aware of the importance to be clear with our communications since there is a binding contract that shall not be breached. So, this is why I am voicing the points with which I disagree.  
Adriana Trevino


Many might wonder why I bother to express my disagreement to the proposed points made by Alfieri. The reason is that I believe I should be clear with my communication and should not say I agree to something I do not. I am in this current position because I did not speak up when I should have. From now on, I will always act with integrity.

Let's hope this movie gets finished and gets distributed...



Disclaimer – As of October 15, 2018, all legal issues have been resolved. This resolution was reached during arbitration. There are no pending issues related to fraud or theft. The resolution was mutually agreeable. There will be no more posts written about this story.



No comments:

Post a Comment