Privacy

If your name has been mentioned on any of the posts of this blog and you would like to have it omitted or removed, please contact me directly. --- Adriana Trevino

Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Break-Up


Update as of 10-15-2018 -- The case has been dismissed by both parties.  As we have agreed to move forward, the dismissed case will remain confidential.

------------

In late March, 2011, just a week before he left for Italy, Victor said to me that we needed to keep our relationship private, that we did not want the cast and crew talking about us. He added, "my mom does not know we're sleeping together. It's best not to tell her. She's very conservative."

Calcata, Italy
He had originally found a house for me to stay just right outside Calcata. He later told me that he had found me a house inside the small village. He then looked at me, winked and said, "I will be able to sneak in... so you can ride me." He would use that word "ride" to refer to sex.

April 2, 2011 - I took Victor and Tarzan (his little dog) to LAX. Victor drove my car and took the scenic route so we could spend a little more time together. He kissed me on the lips and gave me a long hug.  I smiled at him, "have a good flight...I love you."  He said he would call me when he got to Italy adding "I love you, too."

I thought that I would soon be reunited with my man. I thought that this movie was only the first of many we would make together.  I never expected that this would be the very last time Victor would kiss me and say "I love you."

Italy

View from my window in Calcata, Italy


During the two weeks I spent in Italy while filming the movie, I try to stay physically away from Victor and spent no time alone with him.

I would spend most of the day with Daniela, his mother, running errands or at her house, working - remotely managing my US business. I later learned that Victor had instructed Daniela to keep me away from the set, cast and crew... and far from Victor, himself.

Daniela's house - top of stairs
Daniela confided in me and told me her life story. She also told me that Victor had a very bad temper and that did not treat her well sometimes. She cried on my shoulder several times.

I remember that she told me she would like to come to the US. We talked about having her come to California for Victor's 40th B-day in late July. It would be a surprise for Victor. I offered to get her plane ticket. She asked me to wait because she did not believe she was getting along with her son. She was afraid he would be upset. We later decided that she would come either way and would stay with me in LA if Victor did not welcome her. I bought the ticket. She was very excited.

It is true that I did not spend any time alone with Victor while in Italy, but I certainly developed a very close relationship with his mother.

Daniela told me that Victor talked about me non-stop. She also said that Victor had told her that I was like the "Statue of Liberty."  To this day, I don't know what she meant by that. She told me this at least three times. "Victor dice che tu sei come la Statua della Liberta."  


Daniela Carloni and Adriana Trevino in Rome
Daniela asked me if I was sleeping with Victor. I was quiet and did not reply. She said to me that no woman would invest that kind of money in a man's project unless she was involved with him. She also said that she knew Victor and I were sleeping together from the first time she saw us together in Calcata. She said, "I am Victor's mother... but most importantly, I am a woman. I know these things."I asked her not to tell Victor that I had told her. She assured me that she would not do so.

Just a few days before the movie wrapped, we were filming in Rome. A good friend of mine had traveled to Rome to join me. I am not disclosing her name because she is a very private person and requested not to be mentioned. She was considering investing in another film project Victor and I were working on. Sometimes she and I would speak Spanish which is very similar to Italian. This friend asked me how things were going with the film and with Victor. She was aware of our intimate relationship. I remember telling her in Spanish, "I will finish this film project. Maybe I will work on other projects with him. But as to the intimate relationship, that is over. I don't like the way he treats his mother, the actors, the crew... and me. I am done with him!" 

Patio of Hotel in Rome
Daniela must have heard this conversation because later, that same day she came to my hotel room where I was with my friend. I opened the door, let her in and she immediately hugged me and started crying - "Please don't abandon my son. He only has you and me. He loves you but does not know how to show it."

Where the argument started
Three days later, Victor and I were breaking up in the lobby of Residenza di Ripetta. He was so loud, I am sure everyone heard. He said, "I don't want anything from you.... and we are not having sex again."  I don't know why he had to shout that.

As he was walking out of the hotel I said to him, "you push everyone out of your life. You'll end up alone." He replied, like an immature teenager, "I will have a girlfriend soon, very soon... you will see."

As I was crying, Daniela was holding me in her arms. She was not letting Victor go until he apologized to me. She kept saying that I was leaving the next day and that he could not let me go that way.  Victor and I talked a little longer. He was still screaming at me. Our personal/intimate relationship was officially over.

Some of the actors and crew were in the lobby and right outside the hotel where Victor and I were arguing. I am sure many of them heard what happened...

Where the argument ended



Disclaimer – As of October 15, 2018, all legal issues have been resolved. This resolution was reached during arbitration. There are no pending issues related to fraud or theft. The resolution was mutually agreeable. There will be no more posts written about this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment