Privacy

If your name has been mentioned on any of the posts of this blog and you would like to have it omitted or removed, please contact me directly. --- Adriana Trevino

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Speaking Up


Update as of 10-15-2018 -- The case has been dismissed by both parties.  As we have agreed to move forward, the dismissed case will remain confidential.

--------

UPDATE - October 9, 2015 -- We are still litigating this case and are in the arbitration process. No updates can be disclosed at this moment.

Now What??


Now that both lawsuits have been dismissed, the movie has no "legal" obstacles to reach distribution. Hopefully this film will generate enough revenue for everyone to recover what was invested.

Chapter Closed?


The legal chapter is closed, at least for now. I certainly do not want to have another legal battle with Victor. In fact, I would like Victor to make money with this movie. After all the challenges, heartbreaking scandal, headaches and worries, something good should come out of this.

While I cannot deny that I would like Victor to tell the truth and apologize to me, I am aware that nobody can "demand" an apology from anybody else and expect to get it.

I also know that I cannot make anyone do the "right" thing by telling the truth. If they haven't done it so far, it could be because, for them, it does not feel like the "right" thing to do.... or they are simply scared.

I will be very honest. I have also been very scared to speak up about what really happened. But hiding it, or pretending like it never happened is not an option for me or for my healing.  I am responsible for myself - for what I think, what I say, what I do... and even what I feel. Nobody is responsible for the way I feel at any given moment.  And nobody is responsible for doing anything to correct or fix anything in my life. I have complete awareness of that.

Because I have that awareness, I have chosen to share my story with whomever is willing to listen. I might inspire others to honor themselves and their truth... I might remind others of the inner strength that we all have to stand up and fight for justice with honor and integrity.




Disclaimer -- As of October 15, 2018, all legal issues have been resolved. This resolution was reached during arbitration. There are no pending issues related to fraud or theft. The resolution was mutually agreeable. There will be no more posts written about this story.


No comments:

Post a Comment